Using the latest in simulation technology and based upon the latest guidelines and evidence you will learn from the experts in the field of Non-Invasive Ventilation. You will learn how to initiate, manage, trouble shoot, and escalate Non-Invasive Ventilation in the emergency and acute environment.
Learn from lectures and hands-on workshops.
Learning outcomes include:
- To understand the scientific principles of respiratory failure.
- To Understand the principles and function of NIV.
- To Recognise both the indications and contraindications for NIV.
- To be safely able to prescribe, set up, and trouble shoot NIV
- To recognise the limitations of NIV.
- To learn basic principles of Human Factors in healthcare.
This course is suitable for:
- CMTs and ST3+
- Nurses and Physiotherapists (Band 6+)
- Those looking to gain new skills
- Those who have just started a new role
- Those who have re-validation coming up
- Maternity leave returners
- Any consultants who require a refresher or introduction to NIV
- Doctors about to become a registrar
- Doctors moving to district hospitals
A comprehensive understanding of basic respiratory physiology is a pre-requisite for this course
For dates and to book please visit our Eventbrite page here