How can patients help train the doctors of tomorrow?
Patients educators and patient volunteers are involved in a range of undergraduate teaching activities at GSTT.
Having patients involved in medical education is important to help them develop thier communication and professional skills and clinical reasoning for their future roles.
Involving Patients in medical education also
- provides opportunties for medical students to hear the patient’s personal experience of managing their condition.
- ensures medical training is patient-centred
- helps students understand personal experience of service users
What do patient educators do?
- assist in student history taking
- provide opportunaties for basic physical examination
- paticipate in scenario based student assessments
For further details please email email@example.com or see the Undergraduate Patient Involvement Information