Welcome to the Guy’s and St Thomas’ for Kings Health Partners Acute Internal Medicine specialty training programme.
This Post Graduate programme will prepare trainees for a career in Acute Internal Medicine (AIM) and also support your development in a number of other areas. Acute Internal Medicine continues on from Core Medicine or Acute Care Common Stem (ACCS) training. AIM is focused on the assessment, diagnosis and management of patients presenting with acute medical illness. Trainees of this speciality programme will develop the competencies and skills required to treat and manage patients with acute medical conditions.
Trainees on our programme:
- Deliver high quality patient focused clinical care
- Gain speciality and general clinical skills
- Develop skills in a wide range of professional development opportunities
- Gain an insight into the strategic vision of the NHS and how their work impacts its outcomes
- Rotate through DGHs and Academic Health Sciences Centres and will take part in the Acute Medical Take throughout their training. They spend essential time in Cardiology, Respiratory, Acute Medicine in the Elderly and Critical Care, consolidating their ACCS experience
- Have an opportunity to obtain an Interactive Clinical Teaching Certificate.
Additional Professional Development
We offer a wide range of Professional Development which you will be able to access through our programme, this development includes:
- Leadership Development
- Quality Improvement
- Teaching and Feedback
To apply please visit the London Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education website.
Acute Internal Medicine has a number of locations and rotations including:
- Frimley Park Hospital
- St Thomas’ Hospital
- King’s College Hospital (Denmark Hill)
- Kingston Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
- Royal Surrey County Hospital
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact the Lead Provider team at [email protected]