Course Duration: One Day
Start Time: 08:45 End Time: 16:30
Are We Immobilising Adults?
Overcoming the barriers to activity for the hospitalised adult
Through clinical scenarios and workshops, you will have the chance to develop decision making, risk assessment and communication skills to support patients be more active and safe on the wards.
This inter-professional simulation based course aims:
- to consider the harm associated with low activity levels for inpatients
- to explore patient’s reservations related to mobility
- to develop empathy between patient and healthcare worker
Who is the Course for?
This course is ideal for physiotherapists and nurses.
- 19th Jul 2017 – Book Now
*Please note that this course is only open to attendees from South London
There is no charge to participants working at Guy’s and St Thomas’ and staff in the Health Education South London (HESL) South London network.
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802
- Human Factors – Circle of Care
- Faculty Development
- Quality Assurance
- Consultancy Service
- Hands Up for Health
- Centre for Applied Resilience in Healthcare (CARe)