Best Practice for Acute NIV – Learn from the Experts
Approved by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine for 6 CPD credits
Nature of Course: Open to attendees within south London
Course Director: Dr David Rouse – Registrar in Emergency Medicine and Simulation/Education
Expert Faculty: Dr Nicholas Hart – Consutlant Respiratory Physician & Ms Lynn McDonnell – Lead Respiratory Physiotherapist
One day multidisciplinary course.
Using the latest in simulation technology and based upon the latest guidelines and evidence you will learn from the experts in the field of NIV. You will learn how to initiate, manage, trouble shoot, and escalate NIV in the emergency and acute environment.
Learn from lectures, hands on workshops and high fidelity simulation.
To provide a safe framework for the use of Non-invasive Ventilation:
1. To understand the scientific principals of respiratory failure.
2. To understand the principals and function of NIV.
3. To recognise both the indications and contraindications for NIV.
4. To be safely able to prescribe, set up, and trouble shoot NIV
5. To recognise the limitations of NIV.
6. To learn basic principals of Human Factors in healthcare.
• Band 6+ Physiotherapists
• Band 6+ Nurses
• ST1 Doctors to Consultants
• High Dependency or Emergency Staff with Respiratory Patients
- 26th Oct 2016
- 13th Dec 2016
- 10th Jan 2017
- 17th Mar 2017
• Free to eligible attendees
Please contact the Simulation Team for more information and to book your place.