Welcome to Guy’s and St Thomas’ for Kings Health Partners Endocrinology and Diabetes specialty training programme.
The Endocrinology and Diabetes training programme in South London will prepare trainees for a career in Endocrinology and Diabetes and also support their development in a number of other areas. Our programme is underpinned by effective clinical and educational supervision and effective communication between clinical and educational supervisors to promote a culture of prompt identification of trainees’ learning needs.
There is extensive access to Simulation and Interactive Learning skills and academic training through a significant BRC grant as part of the AHSC. They will have on going professional career support through KHP, together with inter-professional training within education and training as well as communication skills enhancement.
The rotation will expose newly appointed trainees to best practice, within well-resourced and supervised Departments prior to placement with LEPs in District General hospitals. Starting within one of the larger Trusts will allow trainees to become comfortable with the basics of specialty practice prior to the immersion within DGHs. The trainees will be visible to those organising and delivering the rotation and develop a sense of belonging as well as become aware of the opportunities for learning, career development and acquisition of specialist skills from the beginning of training.
Trainees on our programme:
- Deliver high quality patient focused clinical care
- Gain speciality and general clinical skills
- Develop skills in a wide range of professional development opportunities
- Gain an insight into the strategic vision of the NHS and how their work impacts its outcomes
- Experience enhanced training opportunities including:
- Research & Development opportunities for supervision for in-programme research projects or full out of programme experience (OOPE)
- Service development opportunities
- Extensive access to Simulation and Interactive Learning opportunities
Additional Professional Development
We offer a wide range of Professional Development which you will be able to access through our programme, this development includes:
- Leadership Development
- Quality Improvement
- Teaching and Feedback
To apply please visit the London Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education website.
- Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Kings College Hospital Foundation Trust
- St George’s Healthcare Trust
- University Hospital Lewisham
- South London Healthcare NHS Trust (Queen Mary’s Sidcup/ Princess Royal/ Queen Elizabeth Woolwich)
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Kingston NHS Trust
- Croydon University Hospital (Mayday)
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact the Lead Provider team at [email protected]