Enhancing End of Life Care – One Chance to Get it Right
Course Duration: One Day
CPD Hours: 7 Hours
Start Time: 09:15 End Time: 16:30
Equipping senior health professionals for the challenges of caring for patients approaching the end of life. The aim of the course is to increase the confidence of senior health professionals to lead difficult decision making surrounding end of life care and communicate well with patients and those important to them.
The course will consider when decision making is needed, look into the current law and ethics regarding do not resuscitate orders, will assess the priorities for care of the dying person and aim to improve the communication between hospital and community settings.
Who is the Course for?
• Consultants from general/acute medicine, elderly care, ITU, oncology, renal, respiratory, cardiac and stroke medicine.
• Also open to Consultants in ED, colorectal and vascular surgeons
• ST5 and above in the above named specialities
• GPs and year 3 GP registrars
• Band 6 and above Nurses working in Medicine, Oncology, ITU, Cancer and cancer surgery and ED.
• Community matrons and district nurses
• Senior AHPs
Dates & Fees:
Please contact the Simulation team for more information on dates & course fees.