- News: CMS Course Simulation as a Teaching Tool at SaIL
- Human Factors – Circle of Care
- Quality Assurance
- Hands Up for Health
- Consultancy Service
- Centre for Applied Resilience in Healthcare (CARe)
Expert Debriefing Skills
Nature of Course: Open to internal & external attendees.
Course Director: Dr Peter Jaye, Consultant in Emergency Medicine.
This course involves a number of educational modalities, including facilitated review of a previously performed debrief.
The workshop introduces a series of ideas that are not explored during traditional debrief training, borrowed from disciplines such as psychotherapy and coaching. These include further understanding of the group process in the debrief room:
• What roles did the participants take or play?
• What role did the facilitator play?
• How did this influence the educational value of the debrief?
• Exploration of the assumptions which the debrief lead may have been making about participants in the group and an opportunity to challenge these.
This 1-day course introduces a series of ideas that are not explored during traditional debriefing training, borrowed from disciplines such as psychotherapy and coaching. These include further understanding of the group process during the debriefing.
It is suited to those with an established background in simulation who wish to further enhance their debriefing skills.
The course is only open to Health Education South London (HESL) employees with a direct role in clinical workforce development, including doctors and other clinicians.
Attendees must be involved in the delivery of healthcare training within South London and must have considerable previous debriefing experience equating to having debriefed 12 scenarios in 12 months.
Applicants will be required to give evidence of their previous debriefing history to ensure that those attending have the necessary experience.
• To be announced
• The course is free to attend but you are required to send a refundable deposit (cheque) of £100. This will be returned to you upon your attendance.
Contact the Simulation Team for more information.