Good to Go: Enhancing Patient Transfer
Nature of Course: Open to attendees within King’s Health Partners (GSTT, KCH, KCL, SLAM)
Course Director: Colette Laws-Chapman, Simulation Lead for Non Medical Staff
The design of this unique inter-professional course has been informed by staff, patients and families across King’s Health Partners. It uses immersive simulation to equip staff with the skills to facilitate high quality care transfers in older people in today’s challenging context and to strengthen team working across hospital and community settings.
If you are a community or hospital based healthcare practitioner involved in the care transfers of older people with complex needs, then this is the course for you. It will:
• enhance your skills in planning and delivering high quality care transfers that is patient centered.
• enhance your knowledge of tools that inform good decision making and identify discharge readiness.
• give you an understanding of the role of human factors and non-technical skills in improving multi-agency and multi-professional teamwork, patient safety and the patient experience.
• Band 5 + Nurses
• Therapists involved in the Discharge process
• General Practitioners and trainees
• District Nurses
- 13th Feb 2017 – Book now