Welcome to Guy’s and St Thomas’ for King’s Health Partners Histopathology specialty training programme.
This post graduate specialty programme provides trainees with the skills, experience and training to prepare you for a career in Histopathology. This popular 5 year training programme comprises of 20 full time training posts rotating between London teaching Hospitals and District general hospitals to give a wealth of experience. There will be experience in the management of patients will all types of cancer using systemic therapies and radiotherapy.
Trainees have opportunities to:
- Develop skills in comprehensive service delivery of all specialties, including Stage D competencies; best practice in biobanking and molecular diagnostic techniques.
- Complete fellowships, currently in dermatopathology and breast, but additional areas have capacity eg. renal pathology and haematopathogy.
- Develop research opportunities at selected laboratories with access to relevant research seminars at selected sites.
- Teach in a variety of environments throughout their training and undertake a specific teaching course (eg Teach the Teacher, ICTC).
- Attend peer-led tutorials and microscopic sessions.
- Develop leadership and organisational skills through workplace shadowing; attend managerial courses.
- Design audits and clinically interrogate data.
What makes us unique?
We are a large rotation that provides training in different situations and a wealth of experience from district hospitals where many trainees will work to academic centres where there are opportunities to interact with scientists and work on research projects.
How to apply?
To apply please visit the London Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education website.
- Guys and St Thomas
- St George’s Hospital
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
- Medway and Dartford
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact the Lead Provider team at [email protected]