‘Introduction to Coaching’
The Coaching and Mentoring Team at Guy’s and St Thomas’ is delighted to announce the creation of an ‘Introduction to Coaching’ short course, which offers an overview of coaching skills for those wishing to use a coaching style with others: colleagues, patients, students, friends or family!
The benefits of using a coaching approach with others include:
- increased ownership and commitment to/for an individual’s performance, targets and goals
- improved awareness of personal learning and development
- enhanced ability to find solutions to issues.
Each module has been quality assured and approved to run by the King’s Health Partners Education Academy Quality Assurance Committee, consisting of representation from Kings College London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
What will we cover?
This 6 week evening course covers basic coaching techniques such as questioning and active listening, as well as models and tools such as ‘GROW’ and ‘Wheel of Life’.
Module 1: Introduction to Coaching
Module 2: Intermediate Coaching Skills
Module 3: Strengths Based Coaching
Module 4: Coaching for Limiting Beliefs
Module 5: Coaching Skills for Managers- Part 1
Module 6: Coaching Skills for Managers- Part 2
Week by week, the course encourages participants to develop their coaching style through theory, practice, self reflection and feedback.
Quotes from programme participants
- “Brilliant, would definitely recommend and encourage people to come along”
- “Really positive. All staff should attend annually to inspire and motivate them for the year ahead”
- “Short and punchy- no waffle, which is brilliant”
- “It was great to have a good balance between learning, participation and practice. It was great to work with different people”
- “I learned a lot about myself- it was informative and made me reflect on my current strengths and has motivated me to use strengths based coaching. It has improved my self belief”
- “Very knowledgeable and enthusiastic facilitator”
- “This is my third session with Hannah and I really enjoy her passion and drive in every class. She is an inspiration and you can see her dedication through her body language and voice. She is very helpful and she motivates me to motivate others”
The course lasts for 6 weeks, starting on Tuesday 4th October 2016 and ending on Tuesday 8th November 2016. The course timings are 6pm-8pm each week. The venue will be Guy’s and St Thomas’ Education Centre, 75 York Road, Waterloo, SE1 7NJ.
Refreshments are not included.
You will need to bring paper and a pen if you wish to take notes. All other course materials are provided. Slides will be circulated after each session.
What is the level of the course?
This is an introductory level coaching course so no prior experience is necessary, however passion and enthusiasm to learn about all things coaching are strongly encouraged!
Each place costs £299. Bespoke packages with daytime events can be designed for organisations with 8 or more interested staff. If you would like to know more, please contact Hannah Reed directly to talk through your requirements.