This programme is for those who wish to develop their understanding of the science of Human Factors. It is also part of the faculty development programme at Simulation at GSTT and forms the final section in the Essential Simulation Faculty programme, mandatory for our fellows & educators.
This one day course introduces the concepts of Human Factors science. It explores error definitions, Safety 1 and the emerging science of a Safety 2 and applied resilience, and introduces the Circle of Care – a model for compassionate Human Factors in Healthcare.
- To gain a deeper understanding of Human Factors approaches in Healthcare
- To provide an understanding of error and its classification
- To provide an understanding of Safety 1 and 2 and applied resilience in healthcare
- To introduce the Circle of Care model and its relationship to Non-Technical skills & CRM
- To gain a basic understanding of the nine skills of the circle of care
After completion of the full programme participants will be able to:
- Define a basic nomenclature for error and use it to classify error
- Describe the basic concepts of safety 2 and applied resilience and have a basic understanding of how to apply them to simulation and clinical practice
- Describe the circle of care – model for compassionate Human Factors in Healthcare and the nine skills that make it up
This course is open to anyone involved in clinical care or patient safety.
27th March 2019 – book here
6th June 2019 – book here
13th November 2019 – book here