Course Duration: One day
CPD Hours: 7 Hours
Sepsis is a major cause of mortality and morbidity and a large consumer of resources in the NHS.
This inter-professional simulation-based training course combines workshops and immersive clinical scenarios facilitated by simulation experts. It addresses the early recognition and management of sepsis with a focus on the new sepsis definitions (Sepsis -3) utilising “The Sepsis Six” – an evidence-based intervention shown to improve the outcomes of patients with sepsis through early goal-directed therapy and the exploration of human factors in healthcare.
Delegates will have the opportunity to practise, in a safe learning environment, the skills needed to recognise, assess and care for patients with sepsis with a view to improving patient safety.
- To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment and its effect on the patient experience and their safety in relation to Human Factors
- To increase knowledge base of the recognition and management of sepsis
- To understand the principles and practice of the “Sepsis 6”
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
- State the new definitions of sepsis and septic shock
- List the 6 elements of the “Sepsis 6”
- Describe the impact of non-technical skills on management of septic patients
This course is suitable for:
Nurses, doctors and allied health professionals at all levels
- GSTT Staff – Free
- External NHS Band 4-6 – £175
- External NHS FY1-FY2, SHO, CT1-CT2, ST1-ST2, GP ST1-ST3 – £200
- External NHS ST3-ST8, Staff Grade – £ 225
- External NHS Band 7 – £225
- External NHS Band 8+, GP, Consultant – £275
- Private Hospital (Non-NHS) – £400
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802