Ward Team Safety Day – Safety briefings, handovers and huddles.
A human factors course for nursing staff
Start Time 08:30 – 17:00
The ward team safety day is a one day simulation course for nursing teams to recognise risk factors commonly affecting communication and team working, with a focus on the skills outlined in the Circle of Care. The course offers the chance to practice tools including the safety briefing and huddle aide memoires in a variety of simulation based education techniques.
Participants will be introduced to a fully equipped simulated ward environment. As a team they will have the opportunity to practice using the Nightingale communication tools whilst caring for patients throughout a 12 hour period.
- State the critical language used for an effective safety briefing
- To explain the core elements of an SBAR based bedside handover
- Explain how team members may be encouraged to speak openly about concerns within a mid-shift huddle
- Recognise when colleagues need support and how to offer this to both peer and senior colleagues
- State ways to effectively priorities make decisions and manage distractions, such as unplanned events
Who is the Course for?
All inpatient areas including adult, women’s and children’s
- Ward nurses
- Nursing assistants
Contact the Chief Nurses Office to book your team onto the Nightingale project training or call 02071851151