This is an inter-professional, simulation-based course covering the key principles of safe tracheostomy care and the management of tracheostomy emergencies through simulated clinical practice.
Interactive learning sessions/ Skills stations inc:
- Introduction to tracheostomy emergency algorithms
- Bed space preparation & open suctioning
- Tub types, Cuff manometry cuff management
- Emergency airway manoeuvres for primary responders & dressings and ties
- Emergency Tracheostomy management practise
- Video and discussion of Human Factors in healthcare.
- High-fidelity Simulated Scenarios with facilitated debriefs to explore both clinical and human factor skills in tracheostomy emergencies: blocked tube & accidental decannulation.
Establish a safe environment for patients with a tracheostomy
Demonstrate and perform safe tracheostomy routine care practically
Recognise and manage a tracheostomy emergency as a primary responder
Describe some human factor skills that support inter-professional team working
Who is this Course for?
- Junior Doctors F2-ST7 all specialties
- Nursing Staff from; community, critical care, emergency, general wards
- Physiotherapists / Speech and Language therapists
27th March – book tickets here
22nd July – book tickets here
9th September – book tickets here
30th October – book tickets here
16th December – book tickets here