Course Duration: One Day
Start Time: 08:30 End Time: 16:30
- Are you a Clinical Consultant with 10 to 20 years experience who has achieved many of the targets you set yourself at the start of your career?
- Would you like a space to consider your vision for the next phase of your career?
- Are you keen to explore new strategies to make work more enjoyable?
This course is for well-established consultants who are highly skilled at clinical care, used to managing a team, and may have had a senior leadership role. They may also have introduced new methodologies and treatments, and have had national or international roles in specialist societies, colleges or journals.
The course provides a unique opportunity to reflect, to reconnect with other consultants, and to reset your priorities going forward. Through a series of exercises, you will explore strategies to cope with the physical and mental demands of your role, with ways to maintain enthusiasm, energy and vision for the next stage of your career.
Focusing on skills of self-care and communication, you will assess your priorities, values and vision to start to develop a map for the next phase of your practice.
Aims & Objectives:
- Connect with other experienced consultants to share learning and collectively consider your vision, ambitions and purpose for the next phase of your career
- Explore new ways of having effective conversations, especially focused on learning new ways of influencing your team and other teams.
- Explore the latest approaches to patient safety including understanding how to learn for our successes
- Develop strategies for physical and mental self-care which will help you thrive at work
Who is this course for?
- Clinical Consultants – with 10 to 20 years experience
- Wednesday 1st March 2017 – Book now
This course is free to attend.
*Please note that this course is only open to participants from Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802